Sunday, January 29, 2012

Brussels

So I just spent the day in Brussels and it was exhausting. First of all, I am more than happy with myself for choosing NOT to study abroad or live for an extended period of time in Western Europe. Shit is WAY too expensive here. A drink is like 4-5 euro which is like 7-8 bucks and a meal here, they charge you for everything. Glad I chose a place where the exchange rate works in my favor. Anyways, Brussels was a ton of fun. One of the really interesting things was how the place was sort of unofficially divided amongst its businesses. For instance, there was a whole section for fresh fish, ritzy restaurants and then there was a whole place for Middle Eastern types of restaurants and then there was a a section that I saw just Italian. Anyways, I thought it was pretty interesting. The architecture was fascinating and I ended up in without a doubt must have been the center of old Brussels. A square where each building was exquisite in his sculptures, its architecture, its size, etc. I met a guy who went to CU-Colorado Springs. Small world, but that's why I rep CU Boulder wherever I go. You just never know. Anyways, Brussels was a cool place, but I don't think I want to go back. Not sure what the main language they speak is and not a lot of people speak English or even know a little. Trying to get to and from the airport and everything was a hassle because none of the signs were in English and none of the info guys spoke it well either. Think I'm going to stick to more conventional places if I go there again. Probably won't until the dollar gets better because I paid basically 5 bucks for a basket of fries and ketchup. Ya I paid extra for the ketchup. But now… about to board for Tel Aviv. Let the journey begin... Oh and some pictures to come

No comments:

Post a Comment