Friday, February 3, 2012

The Beach

I ran to the beach yesterday but I did not sit down and take the time to admire the beauty of a beach and the ocean. More importantly the beauty of the beach in Israel. I don't think it still hasn't hit me. One of those usually comes without thinking about it or at some random time. Not when you're trying to believe that its hitting you but this is coming close. So far this trip has been amazing. Great roommates, great girls, great times. Saturday is about to be even more insane. But more than that I'm appreciating every second here so far. It'll probably fade as classes start and not each second is spent outside in the amazingness of Israel but none the less I will still be taking classes in Israel. I think the reason that I'm appreciating every minute is because I'm forcing myself to. I'm forcing myself to have a specific attitude about everything and there's nothing wrong with that. There's nothing wrong with making yourself believe that you're happy because as long as you do you will be. It's a simple fact. Having this new attitude about the people the girls the might life and the experience itself has been the key to my happiness somfar in this trip and I don't plan on stopping anytime soon. Moreover I don't plan on stopping to think like this once I leave Israel or once I leave Washington and go back to boulder. It's just a matter of will power and the reward of that will power and as long as I continue to get the reward that I'm receiving right now the will power doesn't need to be forced. It generates itself. 

No comments:

Post a Comment